I hated Brussel sprouts growing up. I can remember stuffing my cheeks full of them when we had them for dinner and going to the bathroom to spit them in the toliet and flush them. I thought I was being SO sneaky but my parents 100% knew what I was doing and would add more to my plate while I was gone.
As an adult, I found this recipe and I fell in love. There is something about the caramelization that happens and then of course bacon makes everything better that makes me, and the majority of my fam, want to just shovel them in!
1lb peppered bacon
922g of brussel sprouts
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line pan with aluminum foil to help make clean up easier if you would like.
- Peel and trim brussel sprouts, cut in half.
- Place sprouts on cookie sheet/pan in a single layer.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and layer on top of the brussel sprouts.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Flip sprouts and bacon and roast for another 10-20 minutes. Pull out when you decide they’re ready!
- Pull out, let cool and enjoy!